Episode 2 of How Are You Thinking About? With Igor features Alex McAtee, a Producer at Point Grey, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg’s production company. She first joined Point Grey as Seth and Evan’s assistant, then quickly rose through the ranks, working as Associate Producer on "The Interview," "Night Before," and "Sausage Party," which comes out this summer. She’s co-producing “The Something," which will star Seth Rogen, Bill Hader, and Zach Galifianakis, and she is Executive Producing “The Masterpiece" the James Franco-directed upcoming film about the making of Tommy Wiseau’s “The Room.” Alex is killing it, and we speaks in-depth to the kind of thinking that got her to where she is.
We also discuss:
- Being as self-reliant at work as possible
- Working with weed
- What it's like to be interviewed by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg
- The importance of aligning yourself with the right work environment (casual vs. not)
- Not necessarily being the best at school, but not letting that hinder your success
- Not knowing exactly what you want to do right away
- How to get through the bullshit years of your job.
- "How you do anything is how you do everything"
- "Don't be too thirsty"
Say hi to Alex on Twitter @allanmcatee
How Are You Thinking About? With Igor is a podcast looking to find out how people who are killing it in their personal or professional lives think about the things they think about. Plus it gives Igor an excuse to sit down and talk to people he likes for like two hours. Nice. Don't forget to subscribe, tell a friend, and please rate the show on iTunes.